Marion Seventh-day Adventist ChurchWhere The Church is Made of People
|Home | About Us | Devotional | Calendar | Ministries | News | Online Giving | Bible Study | Prayer | Media | Community Links | Contact Us|
2009 SWINE FLU OUTBREAK Information
For Reliable Source of Information please follow the links below:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
Basic Steps to avoid Swine Flu by the C.D.C.:
1- First and most important: wash your hands.
2- Try to stay in good general health.
3- Get plenty of sleep.
4- Be physically active.
5- Manage your stress.
6- Drink plenty of fluids.
7- Eat nutritious food.
8- Try not touch surfaces that may be contaminated with the flu virus &
9- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
WHO ALERT LEVELS:
The World Health Organization defines the levels of warning as described below:
- In Phase 1 no viruses among animals reported to have caused infections in humans.
- In Phase 2 animal flu virus is known to have caused infection in humans and is potential pandemic threat.
- In Phase 3, animal or human-animal flu virus has caused small number of cases in people, but not sufficient for community-level outbreaks.
- Phase 4 is characterized by verified human-to-human transmission of animal or human-animal flu virus, indicating greater but not inevitable risk of pandemic.
- Phase 5 means human-to-human spread of virus is confirmed in two countries in one WHO region and pandemic is feared imminent.
- Phase 6 characterized by community-level outbreaks in at least one other country in second W.H.O. region. This phase indicates global pandemic is under way.